It is possible that some surgeons may use old tension repairs like Bassini or Shouldice under the pretext of mesh free surgery. So always insist for mesh free repair by "DESARDA TECHNIQUE" only
"DR. DESARDA'S HERNIA CENTRE"
‘INDIAN HERNIA INSTITUTE’
is one of the ventures, amongst others, of the public charitable trust
“DR. M. P. DESARDA CHARITABLE TRUST & RESEARCH INSTITUTION”
Donations to " Dr.M.P.Desarda Charitable Trust & Research Institution " are exempt under
80 G of Income Tax Act
This charitable trust was established by the founder member and the Managing Trustee of the trust
“DR. M. P. DESARDA”
This trust is established with intention of providing education, medical relief and various other activities for the upliftment of the society and to provide help to needy, poor, disabled, old people. Medical education and help to patients suffering with diseases throughEstablishment of such institutions or hospitalsis one of the major activities.
ESTABLISHMENT OF “INDIAN HERNIA INSTITUTE” IS THE OUTCOME !
“INDIAN HERNIA INSTITUTE”
Hernia is a common disease. Nearly 2-5-% of the world population is suffering with this disease. This ailment can affect any person from his birth till his death. Sex is no bar to the disease. It can affect an individualof any sex. This institution is established to alleviate the sufferings of those affected by carrying out the research to find out newer and better methods of the treatment of such common disease and by establishing hernia institutions or hernia treatment centres all over the world with specialization in the hernia management. Groin hernia is the commonest in all types of hernias. Nearly 75% of the hernia patients are suffering with groin hernia. Reduced Cost of treatment, minimal hospital stay, minimum postoperative pain, early ambulation and early recovery to pre-operative work efficiency are important factors.
“INDIAN HERNIA INSTITUTE”
is a venture of the “DR.M.P.DESARDA CHARITABLE TRUST & RESEARCH INSTITUTION”
“ABOUT THE TRUST”
“DR.M.P.DESARDA CHARITABLE TRUST & RESEARCH INSTITUTION”
ADDRESS: 1273, Shiwajinagar, Pune-411004 (INDIA)
DR.M.P.DESARDA: Dr. M.P.Desarda is the Managing Trustee of the trust and looks after entire administration and progress of the trust. He is a senior consultant of the country in the field of general surgery and attached to various teaching and non-teaching medical institutions in the city of ‘PUNE’ famous for education and the historical heritage besides being an international city.
DR. B. M. DAMA: Dr. B. M. Dama is working as honorary trustee for the trust. He is a retired director of the health services of the Government of Maharashtra, India and has acquired immense knowledge of diseases affecting the masses of the people, their prevention and overall management.
MRS. MANGLA DESARDA: Mangla Desarda is also an honorary trustee of the trust. She is a graduate and has immense potential for the social work, which she is doing for last several years.
Remaining 6 trustees along with above trustees has been the best and devoted team working for the trust.
“ABOUT HERNIA CENTRE”
“INDIAN HERNIA INSTITUTE”
ADDRESS: Indian Hernia Institution
Opposite Deccan Gymkhana Post Office
Near Garware Bridge, Deccan Gymkhana,
SITE PLAN: The Indian Hernia Institute is located in a specious 3000 sq.feet floor space of a centrally located building in the heart of the city. It is posh and beautifully decorated to please the ailing sufferers. It can be easily approached by city buses or Rickshaws or taxies from any corner of the city. It is only 5 kms from the central railway station and 10 kms from the airport.
MANAGEMENT TEAM: The institution is managed by the Chairman along with the other staff. Dr.M.P.Desarda is the Chairman & Medical Director of the institution. He is a senior consultant of the country in the field of general surgery and attached to various teaching and non-teaching medical institutions in the city of ‘PUNE’. He is an international figure because of his extensive work and research in the treatment of the hernia disease.
“ABOUT THE MANAGING TRUSTEE"
“DR. M. P. DESARDA”
Dr.M.P.Desarda is the Managing Trustee of the trust and the Chairman & Medical Director of the hernia institution. He is a senior consultant of the country in the field of general surgery and attached to various teaching and non-teaching medical institutions in the city of ‘PUNE’. He is an international figure because of his extensive work and research in the treatment of the hernia disease. He has described new concepts of the inguinal canal physiology and based on this, he has also invented an entirely new and simple technique for the treatment of the hernia disease. This technique is already published worldwide and is being followed in many medical institutions. It is popularly known by his name as “Dr. Desarda’s Repair”.
Dr.M.P.Desarda was born on 5th of January 1946 in a farmer & traders family in a small village called Changatpuri in the Dist. of Aurangabad. He took his primary education at a nearby taluka place called Paithan, which is famous for its historical heritage. He stood first in the board examination so he was shifted to Pune, a city of educational centre, for further college education. He completed his graduation and post graduation from the Bairamji Jeejibhay Medical College & Sassoon General Hospital in Pune.
Dr.M.P.Desarda has a brilliant academic record and secured highest positions in the examinations. He is a gold medallist in Anatomy and also Forensic Medicine. He stood first in university in 1st MBBS examination and second in 2nd MBBS examination. He was selected as the “BEST ALL ROUND COLLEGE STUDENT” by the Rotary Club of Pune. He won various prizes and scholarships during his education. He was selected as NATIONAL SCHOLAR and was awarded National Scholarship for his studies. He was awarded "Gaurav Patra" by the Pune Municipal Corporation for his outstanding work in the Family Planning. He was felicitated and awarded medal by the "World congress of Medicina Alternativa" and was also conferred "Doctor of the year" award by the Medi Jain, Pune. He was also invited and his bibliography is already published by the famous and prestigious world book "Who's Who in the world" and also the "Who's Who in medicine and healthcare" for being considered as one of the highest achievers in the world.
* Professor & Head of the dept. of surgery at Poona Hospital. & Research Centre
* Consultant Surgeon at Kamala Nehru General Hospital
* Panel Consultant to Industries like Telco, SKF, KSB Pumps, LIC, Film Institute.
1. *Associate Professor of Surgery, Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College.
· * 4 years as Associate Prof. of Surgery at Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College.
· * 3 years as professor & Head of the department of surgery at Poona Hospital. & Research Centre
1. Retinal changes in Hypertension- Maharashtra Medical Journal, Vol. XX, No.6, Sept 1973
2. Phytobezoar Obstruction of Esophagus at 16th Annual All India Gastroenterologist Conference, 1975.
3. Use of Kidney diuresis in Jaundice at Mahavir Medical Association, 1975.
4. Hydrochlorothiazide in therapy of Hypertension, Maharashtra Medical journal, Vol. XXV, No.1, April1978
5. Methodology of study of breast diseases, Maharashtra Medical Journal, Vol. XXV, No.12, March1979
6. Clinical features of enlarged prostate, Maharashtra Medical Journal, Vol. XXV, No.3, June1981.
7. Phytobezoar formation in oesophagus leading to oesophagial obstruction”, Indian Journal of Surgery, Vol.40, No.12,
8. Inguinal Hernia Repair - a new operative technique - Indian Journal of Surgery 1998. 60(1); 47-49
9. Positive Trousseau’s sign in GJ Stomal Malignancy, Indian Journal of Surgery, 1999. 61(5); 331-2
10. New techniques in hernia repair- Guest lecture at Udaipur Surgical Society, Udaipur,12th Nov. 2000
11. A new technique of inguinal hernia repair ( A final solution), 22nd Annual conference, Masicon, Karad, 2000
12. A new method of inguinal hernia repair based on physiological principle, 60th Annual conference, Association of
Surgeons of India, 2000, New Delhi.
13. New Method of Inguinal Hernia Repair -A New Solution?, ANZ Journal of Surgery, 2001; 71 (4), 241-244
14. Inguinal herniorrhaphy with an undetached strip of external oblique aponurosis: A new approach used in 400 patients
European Journal of Surgery, 2001; 167(6), 443-448
15. Surgical physiology of inguinal hernia repair BMC-Surgery, 2003 3:2
16. Video of inguinal hernia repair technique, 63rd Annual conference of The Association of Surgeons of India, Pune, 2003
17. New method of inguinal hernia repair based on physiological principle- 49th Annual conference of International College
of Surgeons, 4-7 Sept. 2003
18. New concepts of the physiology of inguinal canal and Dr. Desarda's inguinal hernia repair- Guest lecture & live demonstration of operation at Annual conference of the Polish Hernia Club, Poland, 2005
19. Physiological repair of inguinal hernia-A new technique (Study of 860patients), Hernia-The world journal of hernia & abdominal wall surgery, 2006; 10; 143-146
20. Aponeurosis instead of prosthetic mesh for inguinal hernia repair: neither physiological nor new: Letters to the editor: Hernia.(2006)10:199-200Julian E.Losanoff, M.D.,J.Michael Millis,M.D.
21. Letters to the Editor: Reply (Physiological repair of inguinal hernia-A new technique Study of 860 patients) Hernia. (2006) 10:200-201
22. Dr. Desarda's open repair of inguinal hernia without mesh using absorbable continuous sutures-A video demonstration Asia pacific hernia congress & live workshop: 6 – 8 October 2006 New Delhi [India]
23. Recurrence free inguinal hernia repair with absorbable continuous sutures-A dream or reality? (New concepts of the physiology of inguinal hernia in context with new method of repair) Asia pacific hernia congress & live workshop: 6 – 8 October 2006 New Delhi [India]
24. New method of inguinal hernia repair by Dr. Desarda page 197, Surgical options in inguinal hernia: which is best- a review article by P. K. Bhattacharjee, Indian Journal of Surgery 2006 (Issue 4, Vol.68)
25. Dr. Desarda’s new open repair of inguinal hernia without mesh- Letter to Editor: Indian Journal of Surgery 2006 (5)V68
26. Comparative study of open mesh repair and desarda’s no mesh repair in a set up of a district hospital in India, The East
& Central African Journal of Surgery, Volume 11 No 2 Dec.2006
(a study of 229 patients). Saudi J Gastroenterol 2008;14:122-7
29. No mesh inguinal hernia repair with absorbable continuous sutures in perspective with today's trends and new concepts
of inguinal canal physiology” Invited Guest lecture, ASICON 2008; 25TH to 30th Dec 2008, Ludhiana, Punjab, INDIA
30. No-mesh Inguinal Hernia Repair with Continuous Absorbable Sutures: Is it a Step Forward or Backward? Saudi J
31. No-mesh Inguinal Hernia Repair with Continuous Absorbable Sutures: It is tension free Saudi J Gastroenterol
32. No mesh inguinal hernia repair with absorbable continuous sutures in perspective with today's trends and new concepts of
inguinal canal physiology-Guest lecture ASICON 2008 at Ludhiana, Punjab 29th Dec 2008
33. New concepts of inguinal canal physiology that prevent hernia formation and No mesh, recurrence free inguinal hernia
repair with absorbable continuous sutures in perspective with today's trends-Invited guest lecture, College of Surgeons of
Sri Lanka, National Hospital, Colombo 12th Jan 2009
International College of Surgeons
Indian Medical Association
Association of Surgeons of India
Pune Surgical Society
Chairman, Vasundhara institute for education & social welfare.
Chairman, Vasundhara primary & pre-primary school.
Chairman, Nalini Balsadan, for orphan children.
Chairman & Medical director, Indian Hernia Institute.
Chairman & Managing trustee, Dr.M.P.Desarda charitable trust & research institution